„Witnessing Corona“ is inviting contributions of max 2000 words that address questions of:
- – social solidarity and moral blaming
- – living a life in social and/or physical isolation
- – unequal biosocial and/or psychological vulnerabilities
- – political-economic implications for healthcare infrastructures
- – historically contingent forms, possibilities, and risks of governmental intervention
- – and a host of other themes related to the Corona pandemic whose understanding will benefit from a (medical) anthropological perspective.
The contributions may range from theory- or ethnography-based articles to more personally tinged reflections in the form of a think piece. They can be in English and German. Pictures, drawings, small videos etc. are welcome (please provide captions and copyright information)!
Please send your contributions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are very much looking forward to your submissions!
Hansjörg Dilger (Freie Universität Berlin), Clemens Eisenmann (University of Siegen), Martina Gockel-Frank (GSSC), Clemens Greiner (GSSC), Claudia Lang (Leipzig University), Dominik Mattes (Freie Universität Berlin), Christine Rath (GSSC), Mirko Uhlig, (University of Mainz), Ehler Voss (University of Bremen)
“Witnessing Corona” is a cooperation of the Global South Studies Centre (GSSC) (http://gssc.uni-koeln.de/), the blog “Medical Anthropology” (Blog “Medizinethnologie”, https://www.medizinethnologie.net/), and Curare: Journal of Medical Anthropology (http://agem.de/curare/).